Wednesday, 24 June 2015

Large Paper Purse - video tutorial

Around the holidays I posted pictures of my stamp club projects and one of them was a box in a bag.
I loved doing up those bags, so cute and simple to wrap gifts in for the holidays or any time of year.

Here is the link to that video here....


WELLLLLLLL, I took that idea and turned it into a larger, glammed-up version and created a paper purse!!  I was looking for something "basket like" to have my prize tickets in for draws at the catalogue launch party but I wanted something handmade with our SU products.  
This fit the bill perfectly!  The box in a bag is so super easy you can adjust to any size you need.

At the end of club there was a draw for a larger prize (all of the new 2015 - 2017 in colour ink pads) and the winner got to take them home in this purse!!   Coolio!!

Here are some pictures of the two purses I made.  One I made while I was testing and fiddling, the other is the one I made for the video tutorial.  


This purse was my first and although I think it looks okay I know the mistakes I made...so I kept this one as a sample! :-)

  


   

I am glad that I changed out the purse charm for a flower.  I made this using coordinating colours of cardstock for the Flashback DSP, layered 4 pansy punched flowers, a small scallop circle and the flower from the itty bitty punch pack and a large purl in the centre.  I used the bone folder to break up the fibres, multipurpose glue to adhere them all together and then spritzed them with shimmer mist (alcohol and glimmer paint) to wet them down to shape them and give them sparkle!!  Then I tied them on using linen thread.  :-)  

    

Here is the finished purse from the video tutorial.  Same design as the first (without the mistakes!!)

   

  


The photos below show the first purse charms I created with the Butterfly Basic Stamp set and gold baker's twine.

   

****VIDEO EDIT/MORE DETAILS: You need TWO handle pieces that measure 1" x 11 1/2" each.  Use your scallop oval punch and put the paper in ONE SIDE OF THE PUNCH (as shown in video) to scallop the ends of the handles.  Fold the handle down the middle.  I DID NOT score this I just eye-balled it.  If you score, do it at 1/2" and ONLY SCORE the middle part of the handle NOT THE ENDS.

Now it is your turn to have a go!!  Good luck and Happy Stampin'!!






Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Shop 24/7 for your favourite Stampin' Up! products at my online store
Discounts galore on my Weekly Deals  & Clearance Rack 
Stamp with Shallon's FREE VIDEO tutorials
Join my "Shine's Stampers" group when you buy the starter kit!
Questions? Email me at stampwithshallon@gmail.com